Wednesday, 29 April 2015

Get into my good books!

Here it is, after 7 months slogging away for a few hours every day, my book is published at last.

Samuel Johnson defined a lexicographer as “a harmless drudge” and, to be honest, I´ve felt like one at times. Even though I was mostly enjoying what I was doing, it wasn´t a bed of roses. Creating a book like this is not just a matter of throwing a number of words together and putting a title on the cover. No, it requires selection, categorization, comparing and contrasting, etymology, exemplification... and a lot of your time.

Well, enough of that. I hope you like the book. I´ve tried to make it as interesting and memorable as possible, with humour permeating many of its pages.

Now, time to write the next one.


The book on Spanish Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment