Friday 2 November 2012

Dazzling documentaries


Just as I collect great movies, I also collect great documentaries. This planet is full of wonderful places with beautiful (and not so beautiful) creatures. Nature documentaries allow you to see all the wonders of the natural world from the comfort of your own home. You don't have to spend a small fortune travelling around the globe or risk life and limb in some of its locations.

That's not to say, of course, that a documentary compares to the great outdoors. Nothing beats the real thing!  But if money is tight, a good documentary on Blu-ray is the next best thing. Fortunately, there are some good deals out there to satisfy nature lovers and keep you in money. I personally own some of the best: Planet Earth, Life, Great Migrations, Yellowstone, etc.

Talking about Blu-ray, this technology has taken documentary-viewing to the next level. Thanks to the higher resolution, you can now watch wildlife in all its glory, almost as if it were in your living room. That's the best way of admiring a lion's whiskers close up without being eaten alive!  

Documentaries, together with movies, are both educational and entertaining. I hope some day I'll be able to visit some of the wonders I have seen so many times in my collection of documentaries. Until then, keep them coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment